Daily Grind :: Greek Rodeos, Pinkwashing & Knives, Knives, Knives!
Better late than never today. Today's Daily Grind features science, cooking tips, tributes, books, Minions, Pinkwashing and Knives Knives Knives. Enjoy with a late afternoon, early evening warm/cold beverage of your choosing. Ventipop will be back to a normal schedule tomorrow morning with another edition of the Daily Grind and a surprise prize of a lifetime supply of Turtlewax for one lucky reader. Maybe.
- Apple's App Store now has over 1.9 million apps and is a victim of its own success. A major overhaul attempts to help users sort through the clutter.
- Ventipop may be the only pop culture blog yet to never write about a little tv show that airs on HBO on Sunday Nights. You may have heard of it. It has dragons. Welp, while spoil a good run? I'm still not going to say it's name, but I will say the season six finale will feature the longest episode of the entire series so far.
- Satellites and drones assisted in the discovery of a new massive monument in Petra that's about the size of an Olympic-sized swimming pool and twice as wide. Go drones.
Knives, knives, knives. A craft you may never think about. Check out this video which makes me want to become a knife maker:
- Will the new LitHub feature BookMarks become Rotten Tomatoes for books? I don't know but something feels off about giving books a grade.
- Jessica Mendoza really does make ESPN's Sunday Baseball more watchable.
- It should be mandated law for every farm to have at least one Minion silo.
- If you could live on a piece of land featuring a Minion silo OR the world's first free-form-3D printed house, which would you choose?
- This Ferris Bueller list of characters ranked by coolness is totally unnecessary. (But I read and enjoyed it anyway.)
- Vox lists 17 TV shows worth checking out this summer.
- The HBO tribute to Muhammad Ali is the best one I've seen:
- And I leave you today, not with a song, not with a quote but with some life changing cooking tips from Oola.com. Check these out if you want to become just a bit more competent in the kitchen.
Please help get the word out about Ventipop:
Join our Mailing List