Daily Grind :: Coffee Quotes, Ear Candling & Self-Driving Patrons
Many readers have asked how you can support the good vibe going here at Ventipop. The first and easiest way is to share Ventipop with your friends and family. There's still nothing more powerful than good old-fashioned word of mouth. Today, I've listed a few additional ways to support Ventipop. I've started a Patreon Ventipop account. If you're unfamiliar with Patreon, it is a popular crowdfunding platform that allows artists to obtain funding from their fans or patrons, on a recurring basis. Patreon has been featured in Forbes, Billboard, and Time magazine. If you're willing and able, you can become a Ventipop Patron by sponsoring us for as little as $1 per month.
If you're a big Amazon.com shopper, click the link in the sidebar to the lower right (mobile devices - scroll down the page) and it takes you directly to Amazon.com and we'll receive a small affiliate bonus for any purchases you make. Lastly, you can support Ventipop by clicking any of the ads or by sharing Ventipop on social media such as Facebook or Twitter. Hopefully, this new Patreon thing will take off a little bit and I can eliminate some of the banner ads as time rolls on. As always, I appreciate all the support and look forward to us spreading good news and products to more and more folks. The world's still a good place...let's prove it.
Now on to today's Daily Grind.
- Just in time on a Monday: "10 Coffee Quotes To Save Your Soul at Work"
- A 22-year-old British student has invented a mobile refrigerator that could save lives across the world. (When I was a 22-year-old student, I was THE Loss Prevention Manager at a K-Mart...so he's really got nothing on me.)
- I wonder how many Organic Gatorades that fridge will hold.
- There's a place where the CD is still king and old-fashioned record stores are still the preferred choice to discover music. It's not Utopia....It's Japan?
- Is there a "right" way to curse in front of your kids?
- By now, you've probably heard all about Uber's self-driving cars that rolled out in Pittsburgh last week. Here's a video detailing how they operate...without an operator:
- Uber has nothing on Walmart. Last week, the retail giant patented a self-driving shopping cart.
- What do you think of first when you think of Amsterdam? Obviously, it's the fact that nearly a quarter of the city is covered with water, right? So, it's probably also obvious Amsterdam isn't as interested in self-driving cars as the rest of the world. Nope, Amsterdam is investing in self-driving boats and they'll be in the canals as soon as next year.
- Apple's new Bluetooth Airpod's have been greeted with skepticism since their announcement a few weeks ago. Spigen came up with a simple design fix to the address their fundamental problem. But you shouldn't have to shell out another $10 to fix a product you just paid $159 for.
- I enjoyed Conan's new Airpod's Ad: