19 Good Things and 1 Not So Good...#205
19 Good Things and 1 Not So Good...
Here's The 20 things I found on the internet worth sharing today. Ventipop's Grind posts can be fun, serious, thoughtful or just some great new song or something to buy. If not, you can get your money back.
2. Toxicity & Happiness - Maybe We’re All Just Searching For Our Yellow Paint
3. Can We Agree On Anything? - How about, "How Do You Make a Peanut Butter and Jelly Sandwich?" - Nope.
4. Make America Talk Again - Maybe locking us all in a windowless room called the Conversation Laboratory is the only way to bring us all back together again.
5. Catastrophe's Happen - I absolutely adore the show Catastrophe on Amazon Prime. I identify with the humor and black comedy of its writers and stars Sharon Horgan and Rob Delaney. I was really saddened to hear about the death of Delaney's 2 1/2 year old son from brain cancer a few months back. I was happy to read the happy news on Saturday that Delaney and wife are expecting and healing.
6. More Beautiful Without Makeup - Artist Removes Makeup From Dolls To Make Them Look Realistic - and more beautiful.
7. Podcast of the Day - I don't think we get to hear enough interviews with authors. Each week on The Book Show, host Joe Donahue interviews authors about their books, their lives and their craft. It is a celebration of both reading and writers and it's usually only around twenty-five minutes long.
9. Breathe Easier - Vivaer Nasal Airway Remodeling device goes up the nose to permanently improve breathing for those with chronic nasal congestion.
10. The Bad - The water aisle at the grocery store seems to metastasize and grow with each and ever visit. I was amazed to find so many different options for water as I stood there mouth agape this past weekend. There's tonic water, seltzer, club soda, spring, mineral, distilled, carbonated, sparkling, infused flavored and oh yeah, just plain tap. I decided to give a new sparkling water called Spindrift a try. Spindrift markets itself as the first sparkling water with only real, freshly squeezed fruit. I purchased the orange mango flavor. As I lifted the full glass to my lips the first thing I noticed was the "fruit been left out in the sun too long" smell. I was raised on the old adage "if you don't have something nice to say..." So, I'll just let Ross say it for me:
11. New Song of the Day - "Chevrolet Van" by The Nude Party
15. Knockout Round - Iceland was a World Cup Cinderella story worth rooting for as they were the smallest nation by population ever to qualify for a World Cup. Their coach is a dentist and still maintains his hometown dental practice. Unfortunately, Iceland's World Cup story didn't have a fairy tale ending, but their goalkeeper, yes their goalkeeper, Hannes Thor Halldórsson has a fallback career as a film director. Check out his winning World Cup Coca-Cola ad featuring the Icelandic men’s national team and the Skol chant:
17. The Ugly? - Is this Oregon house worth $7,600,000?
18. The Return of the Milkmen - Milkmen and milkwomen are making a comeback in London as millennials have started using glass milk bottles in a bid to cut down plastic waste.
19. Obligatory Coffee Link of the Day - Psychology Today suggests a little chaos with your coffee.
20. The Last Drop - Keith Davison, 94, was married to his wife Evy Davison for 66 years before she died of cancer last year. The silence in his household was unbearable for him and he would cry a lot because of his loneliness. He came up with this unique solution:
If you find any peace and value in what I do, any donation, big or small, means a lot and helps keep spreading the positive vibes.
You can make a single donation in any amount you choose by clicking the button below.